[Cialug] Windows 8

Prescott Kulow scott.kulow at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 14:17:17 CDT 2011

I'm glad to see that this hasn't degenerated into a juvenile "M$
SuXX0rZ" shouting match.  Since I am new to the list I was kind of
watching this thread to see if that would happen.

A lot of the major Windows apps such as SQL Server and IIS do have some
really nice APIs and when combined with Powershell it can really be
quite a potent combination for automation.  I've seen some people that
are used to Bash complain about Powershell before, but it requires a
slightly different mindset.  It is more like programming in a
non-scripting language in that you pass around objects instead of just
text.  They both work, just require some different thought processes.

And yes, it's good to see Microsoft innovating again, even though it may
very well backfire on them if they break compatibility with anything in
the slightest.