[Cialug] ssh over https proxy

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Fri Sep 9 08:20:36 CDT 2011

On 9/6/2011 8:21 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Working on a site where *all* outbound traffic is blocked, and only
> 80/443 are allowed through a proxy server.

I've seen a lot of discussion, but no true answers to the original question.

You can run openvpn on a remote serer on port 443 and it will accomplish
all that you're looking to do. (I have done it, am doing it, and have
encountered numerous situations where it's warranted.)

My implementation is a bit more customized, but the general process for
doing it can be found here:

http://blog.foppiano.org/2008/07/24/how-to-openvpn-over-proxy/

-PG