[Cialug] Selected Moments from the Evolution of the Web

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:16:46 CDT 2011

Visually appealling map of the history of the web, with a token amount
of interactivity:
     http://evolutionofweb.appspot.com

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not), but isn't there something missing?
Like... the Mozilla browser?  They have Netscape on there, but Mozilla
was released as a separate browser for a while there, before Firefox.

Also, this graph unfortunately makes it look like Firefox came after
Safari, because Firefox didn't officially reach 1.0 until later than
Safari 1.0.  But still, my memory is that Apple at some point said,
"Hey, this Firefox thing is taking off, and I bet we could get in on
the trend."

Chrome OS is on there because Google published this map.

--
Todd