[Cialug] Wireless access points with multi-ssid and vlan capabilities.

Nathan C. Smith nathan.smith at ipmvs.com
Tue Sep 6 15:33:08 CDT 2011

I've use a lot of engenius Wireless equipment and it has been very solid.  This one (and there may be others) seems to support multiple SSID.  I don't know about vlan mapping capability but I assume that would be a necessity for multi SSIDs.  Inexpensive.  I have Engenius equipment that has been in service (In my attic) for several years.  Does not burn out like the Linksys stuff has.

http://www.engeniustech.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=88:indoor-access-points-client-bridges&id=283:80211g-high-power-600mw-wireless-access-point-bridge-repeater-router-with-poe&Itemid=122

I know the Adtran Access point (netvanta 150)  (A, B & G - no  n)  can also do multiple SSID with VLAN mapping but may require a controller.  Adtran stuff is typically built like a tank but I do not have personal experience with these.

-Nate