[Cialug] Network setup for linux server

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 1 09:58:22 CDT 2011

You were correct.  There was no resolv.conf file in the /etc/ directory.  I created one with that name and now I can ping by name although the response seems a little slow at times.  The file may not have been there because I did not have the server connected to my network when I installed the operating system.

Thanks to everyone for their responses!