[Cialug] CIALUG Google+ Circle

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Mon Oct 31 14:48:02 CDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 11:55 AM, Todd Walton <tdwalton at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
> > > I'm sure that there must be more of us on Google+:
>
> Also, I'm having trouble understanding the process by which so many people
> come to put me in their circles. People from places I've never been. People
> I don't know.  50-some so far.
>
> I'm no Chris Pirillo. My posts don't have legs like that. Why are they
> following me?
>
> Granted, some of them are surely legitimate extensions of my social
> circles. But not all of them. Weird.

I have the same questions. I finally turned notifications off because I was
constantly getting e-mails about people I don't know adding me to circles.
It's the worst case of spam I've ever encountered, except that as far as I
can tell, out of the dozens and dozens of strangers who have added me, only
one was actually a spammer.

I love your comment comparing G+ to usenet.

--
Matthew Nuzum