[Cialug] CIALUG Google+ Circle

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 15:34:48 CDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:28 PM, Jeffrey Ollie <jeff at ocjtech.us> wrote:
> Google+ now supports Google Apps accounts so I'm busy getting
> everything re-organized.  Here's my circle that I set up for CIALUG,
> I'm sure that there must be more of us on Google+:

You know what I miss?  Usenet.  No, wait, stop laughing.  I mean
before the spam.

It was totally awesome that you could identify a topic that you were
interested in enough to actually go seek a group of people with that
same interest.  There was (sorta) one source that everyone knew to go
to for talk, it contained something for just about everyone, and it
was open and free.

It's like the Usenet package was chopped up into pieces and repliated
in a hundred different places later on.

Every once in a while I have the urge to talk to people with whom I
share geographic location.  Where's the Des Moines group?  Who can I
ask about good Lebanese restaurants if none of my friends know what
"Lebanese" even means?

--
Todd