[Cialug] (no subject)

Nicolai nicolai-cialug at chocolatine.org
Thu Oct 27 19:51:48 CDT 2011

On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 05:45:13PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> I appears we have been spammed. I wouldn't suggest clicking on the link.

Yeah, seen this before, it's a list subscriber with a hacked Yahoo
account via Windows malware (tsk).  At least from what I've seen the
password gets changed and hilariously embarassing messages about penises
are sent to the person's address book every 14 days.  (Note there are a
bunch of Iowa-specific recipients in the To: line.)  Meanwhile, since
the account password has been changed, and Yahoo's abuse department has
earned the reputation it has, the messages keep flowing...

So for now I've set his messages to be moderated.

Travis, if you get your account back, send a mail to cialug-owner@ and
we'll unblock you.  Good luck!

Nicolai