[Cialug] IMAP

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 21 12:06:36 CDT 2011

IMAP is an email protocol, in the typical *nix way, that's all it does, but
it does it very well.

There are other protocols out there for contacts, calendar etc, and plugins
for clients like Thunderbird that will work with them.

If you want an all-in-one solution for email, calendar, contacts, there's
not much out there other than Exchange, or some of the Exchange work-alikes
like Zimbra.

-dc