[Cialug] IMAP

Todd Walton tdwalton at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 09:37:07 CDT 2011

On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 1:59 PM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:
> Nothing at all, .. sounds like you've been listing to a Microsoft devotee
> that doesn't know anything about email <g>! (Of course, this presumes
> you're using SASL and IMAPs.)

That would be correct.  I have a system that only speaks IMAP or POP,
and it needs to connect to his Exchange server.  But his insistence
that IMAP is literally an outdated protocol seemed weird.  It's been a
while since I've encountered the bad old Microsoft prejudice in
action.

Thank you all, you have comforted me, and I don't feel like I'm going
insane.  =)

--
Todd