[Cialug] Wiping server hard drives

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 00:17:33 CDT 2011

I've not seen what 7.62x39 will do, but .308 does a good job on hard drives.
Pistol rounds like 9mm or .45 don't penetrate them well enough, and you'll
have a lot of ricochet if you hit the solid part of the frame.

If you want to be really efficient, you can do 5 or so at a time with a .50
bmg.

http://splodetv.com/video/.50bmg-vs.-15-hard-drives

-dc