[Cialug] CalDAV/CardDAV

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Tue Oct 18 09:38:28 CDT 2011

Thanks Zach,

I agree it's heavyweigth especially for the small scale I'm working on.

Can you tell me about the features specifically regards to
categorizing/grouping contacts and if that grouping is available in the
various clients.  For example on iOS the Microsoft Exchange server
displays the various folder groups.  With google (as exchange server)
will show only "My Contacts" group.  The contacts of the other groups
can be searched through the Global Address Book (but not browsed).
Yahoos contacts (as CardDEV) are all listed together, ignoring any
"Lists" that one has setup.

So MS Exchange is doing what I really want but talk about heavy weight
for personal usage.

I'd like the categorizing/grouping to persist across clients (windows
pc, android, iOs).

Thanks,
   Claus