[Cialug] CalDAV/CardDAV

Claus cniesen at gmx.net
Mon Oct 17 14:29:37 CDT 2011

Has anyone any experience setting up a CalDAV/CardDAV server?

I'm looking for a solution to have one centralized address book for all
my devices (computer, android, iOS). I would want to be able to update
the contacts an all devices as well. An exchange server would work
nicely but it's not something I'll run from home.

I've setup a DAViCal server but have issues configuring it properly with
the clients (iOS 5 and Spicebird). I was able to create calendar entries
(they are in the database) but can't see them on the clients. It would
be nice to know if the server and clients are mature enough to be used
and if it's just some config issue Before I spend tons more time on it.