[Cialug] ubuntu 11.11 install hangs

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sun Oct 16 15:48:44 CDT 2011

I don't know for sure why that would happen. I myself had a problem
upgrading but everything was fine when I did a clean install. (my
installation completed but when trying to login with the standard desktop
(not Unity 2d) it funny things would happen)

There is an alternate installer. It's not as pretty but it works good, it's
the same one used for the servers. You can find it here if you want to give
it a shot:
http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/alternative-download#alternate

On Sun, Oct 16, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Ralph Kessel <ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com>wrote:

> Trying to reinstall ubuntu 11.11 for second time. Using feature of
> installing ubuntu 11.11 over ubuntu 11.11. Goes through all of the steps but
> hangs when completing installation with last message : Asking all remaining
> processes to terminate. This has been going on for at least an hour. I
> hesitate to stop the process. I have my system backed up. But I don't wish
> to a destructive reinstall. Any suggestions?
>
> Ralph Kessel

Matthew Nuzum