[Cialug] thttpd

Tom Sellers tomsellers2001 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 2 18:10:53 CDT 2011

I installed thttpd on a server running Ubuntu 11.04 and can't seem to get it to start.  I have examined the thttpd.conf file and compared it with an exmple that I found which did not turn up any issues.  I created a short index.html file in the directory it told me to put it.  However when I try to connect to the web page I get an error indicating the server is not running (no response!).  I can ping the server from the machine I am attempting to browse from (on same local segment) but can't connect to the web page.

I used the ps -e command to see all the running processes and don't see thttpd in there anywhere.

I also looked in the directory where the log is to be but do not see any log there.

Anyone willing to help me out on this?

Thanks!