[Cialug] mysqldump & /tmp

Crouse crouse at usalug.net
Tue Nov 22 09:34:24 CST 2011

This might prove helpful.
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/temporary-files.html

"On Unix, MySQL uses the value of the TMPDIR environment variable as
the path name of the directory in which to store temporary files. If
TMPDIR is not set, MySQL uses the system default, which is usually
/tmp, /var/tmp, or /usr/tmp. "

"If the file system containing your temporary file directory is too
small, you can use the --tmpdir option to mysqld to specify a
directory in a file system where you have enough space. "