[Cialug] FOSS Incident tracking

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Nov 17 09:49:18 CST 2011

On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 8:41 AM, L. V. Lammert <lvl at omnitec.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Nov 2011, chris rheinherren wrote:
>
> > I have a friend who is looking for, in his words:
> >
> > "Looking for a good open source incident tracking system, any ideas"
> >
> > so if you have any suggestions, fire away.
> >
> While not explicitly an 'incident tracking system', we have been using
> Redmine for years to track issues here; one of the best features is that
> it allows many diverse 'information models' by client/customer.

+1 on redmine. I've also used Trac which is very similar. At one time I had
Trac configured so that you could create new tickets by sending an e-mail.
If you want an e-mail interface, RT is hard to beat (but also a bit harder
to setup and manage).

The main difference between redmine and trac is that redmine is ruby on
rails, trac is python.

--
Matthew Nuzum