[Cialug] Free Linux Account Somewhere?

Daniel A. Ramaley daniel.ramaley at drake.edu
Wed Nov 16 16:15:13 CST 2011

I'm not sure if it has enough for your needs, but you can get a free
shell account on the "SDF Public Access UNIX System" by going to
http://sdf.org/ and following instructions (basically, ssh to
new at sdf.org to get started). The most basic level of account is
completely free and will last for 200 days or so before being deleted.
For a $1 donation to "validate" your account i think you get a larger
quota and access to more apps and the account will stick around as long
as you log in at least once every 90 days or so.

On 2011-11-16 at 15:52:35, Todd Pierce wrote:
> Matt,
>
>Awesome idea.  This is exactly why I like having you guys available.
>Now, I don't have a credit card and they need one to even do the
>freebie, apparently, but I'll keep something like this in mind.
>
>-T
>
>> If you are a new customer, you can sign up for an EC2 account and
>> get a micro server for free for the first year.
>> http://aws.amazon.com/free/
>>
>> You can use that to run one server 24/7 or 2 servers 12/7 or
>> whatever.
__
Daniel A. Ramaley
Network Engineer 2

Dial Center 112, Drake University
2407 Carpenter Ave / Des Moines IA 50311 USA
Tel: +1 515 271-4540
Fax: +1 515 271-1938
E-mail: daniel.ramaley at drake.edu