[Cialug] Ubuntu 11.04

Theron Conrey theron at conrey.org
Thu May 19 19:44:11 CDT 2011

Thanks for the thoughtful reply. I stand by my comments, and I'm glad ubuntu
has a focus on usability for the average user. I disagree that opening up to
an actual user base equates to shitty software. While you're fine with bsd,
my parents, friends and I don't care about beating windows, we care about
stuff just working without tweaking it.  Lucky for us that is what ubuntu is
trying to do. If that means we dont use bsd cause we're not developers (well
them anyway, and I don't claim to be very good),  I'm ok with that. Good
thing ubuntu isn't the only distro huh?