[Cialug] Old school fax question

Kevin C. Smith kevin at linuxsmith.com
Sat May 14 13:27:31 CDT 2011

I'm hoping someone with fax trouble shooting is on this list.

Problem:
- Fax #1 cannot fax to another location fax #2 (only that location).
- Error message says something about transmission error. I'll have
to get more on that later.
- I had them fax me at my office; fax #3. Received it.
- I attempted to use fax #3 to fax #2 and got the same error as #1.
- Another fax in my office, fax #4 can fax to fax #2.
- People with fax #2 say others fax to them just fine.

People with fax #2 claim it's our issue. I'm thinking it's theirs.

Anyone know what would result in this situation?

though it had an underlying truth." -- Umberto Eco