[Cialug] xorg.conf.d

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Tue May 3 17:59:44 CDT 2011

On 05/03/2011 03:28 PM, Don Ellis wrote:
> On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 3:25 PM, L. V. Lammert<lvl at omnitec.net>  wrote:
>> At 03:16 PM 5/3/2011, you wrote:
>>
>>> But if the POST isn't running when the second card is present, the
>>> xorg.conf.d isn't going to run either, is it?
>>
>> Many of the cards would POST, .. but none could be initialized with X.

Have you tried generating an xorg.conf file to subsequently tweak manually?

"Xorg -configure " will cause X to probe the devices and generate a
basic xorg.conf that you can subsequently tweak for display placement.

Glad to hear that they got beyond the POST.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\