[Cialug] Lightweight linux for video on imac g4

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 21:24:05 CDT 2011

An upgrade to 10.5 could be worthwhile. I have a client who's running
10.5 on an iMac like yours, and it's far superior to 10.4, much more
fun.

Probably need to find a friend to lend you a disk or search on eBay.
Very hard to copy, since it's double layer, and some systems won't
read double-layer copies (YMMV).

Also, a RAM upgrade is usually very worthwhile, and might make it run
smoother/faster.

--Don Ellis