[Cialug] Cyber Defense Competiton - late April

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Thu Mar 31 08:50:30 CDT 2011

If you want to be on my red team, sure.  You'll want to be running Backtrack in some form (VM, local install, bootable CD, bootable USB), or if you want to join the incredibly frustrating world of web hacking, you can run Samurai instead.

People at the high skill levels can hack, people at the lower skill levels can gather data to help others hack AND help keep the documentation of what we find up to date.  There is usually a significant problem of information sharing, so some targets get hit harder than others, which just isn't fair.  That's one thing I'd like to work to fix, and it's something that lower skilled people can be more useful at than others.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net<http://www.AllianceTechnologies.net>
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Don't just blame the bad guys, it's your fault too
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey