[Cialug] Cyber Defense Competiton - late April

David Runneals david at runneals.com
Wed Mar 30 23:27:39 CDT 2011

Josh and others,
If your into IT Security, Network Security, Server Security, or just plain
Linux, this event is for you! I have the luck (for 2 more years) to be on a
blue team at this, which is fun & stressful... I just did the Community
College CDC, the ISU CDC, and the National CDC (a mix of colleges and
universities) as green team, and I learned alot from just doing that! I know
Josh and a few of my friends were on the red team at those events.

I would like to add my comments about the green team. The people on green
are basically "dumb users" - RDP: making lots of backups to fill the HDD,
deleting important files, catching viruses, (red doesn't like fork/logic
bombs).. Web: modifying the php pages, posting stuff to the apps.. (This is
the stuff we started out with)... and if you are on green, don't forget that
helpful security exploit book library you have! :)

Also, I would like to point out to those IT businesses out there looking for
future interns, you can get a free corporate booth down on the floor and
donate some of your SWAG - http://it-adventures.org/php/add_company.php ...
This is the place to connect with those future employees that will be taking
your position some day in the future!!!

See ya'll April 30th 8am-6pm at Hilton!
(Also red team, please play nice! We are only high schoolers after all! :) -
If ya see me, say 'Hi' and try to work on that social engineering! :) :)

<http://www.4-h.org/about/revolution/>
David Runneals
E: david at runneals.com
 <david at runneals.com>