[Cialug] Linux Classes

Chris Freeman cwfreeman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 07:06:33 CDT 2011

How much interest is there in doing a LUG meeting on scripting in Bash (or
Perl or Python) for administration purposes? Porting that knowledge from
sysadmin to another domain isn't very hard.

The catch would be that we'd need people to think about what they want to
learn ahead of time, and understand that you can't teach programming of any
kind inside of 2 hours. But if there is sufficient interest, we could get a
decent introduction to the topic and (more importantly) how to proceed from
there.

Otherwise, if there are several people who are interested in a face-to-face
teacher/student experience, I'd be happy to help out for a session or two.

Chris