[Cialug] VMs & Replication

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Wed Mar 16 17:12:49 CDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 02:31 PM, Daniel A. Ramaley wrote:
> Just curious, how large was the disk image? How big were the snapshots?

60GB disk, various snapshot sizes of one-week intervals.  The 60GB image
was the original P2V footprint from an original server.

Your mileage may vary, but I can't stress enough my recommendation that
you test your snapshot/consolidation paradigm prior to deploying it as a
strategy in a production environment.  Read the VirtualBox forums on
snapshots - a lot of folks won't use them at all in a production
environment.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\