[Cialug] VMs & Replication

Paul Gray gray at cs.uni.edu
Wed Mar 16 14:04:27 CDT 2011

On 03/16/2011 01:48 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:

> I know that VirtualBox has snapshot capability and now migration, has
> anyone tried it in this type of environment? Is there another OS solution
> to consider?

For a VM paradigm that does backups very well, try Proxmox.  It supports
disk snapshots (as independent compressed tarballs) and automated
backups.  You can restore from any backup to a new disk image in minimal
time.

... it also supports live migration and clustering, but that's a
different LUG topic.

--
Paul Gray                                         -o)
314 East Gym, Dept. of Computer Science           /\\