[Cialug] tips for sharing files inside a VM

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Mar 10 11:44:00 CST 2011

On Thu, Mar 10, 2011 at 11:40 AM, David Champion <dchamp1337 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm confused as to why you need a symlink?
>
> Host: create a share, i.e. /share, share it with nfs or samba or
> whatever...
>
> VM: mount the share in /mnt/share, or /home/matthew/share or
> /var/www/mysite.

My folder structure lays out like this, roughly:

/srv/file-uploads/
/srv/code-branch/ (this is the mounted filesystem)
/srv/code-branch/file-uploads/ -> link to /srv/file-uploads/

Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here and need to just get less complex.
It just seemed like such a good solution until I bumped into the error
creating the symlink.

--
Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin