[Cialug] Promotion and Faith. (Was RE: A little something for everyone)

Jeff Chapin chapinjeff at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 23:11:24 CST 2011

Josh,

Replying off list -- but I personally see no difference between Barry's
post, and one saying that he will only work with white people (or
African American), or straight people.  Religion is not really a matter
of choice for many -- I could not 'choose' to believe in religion any
more than I could 'choose' to the color of my skin.

I'm less concerned that 4 of the 5 posts made by Brian Wood were plugs
for his project (and the fifth still had it prominently displayed), than
I am with the bigotry inherent in 2 of his 5 posts.

I'll abide by your decisions, and I understand that as a mailing-list
only member of your lug (living in CF, it is hard to attend meetings) my
opinions carry little weight, but as a member since 09/2005 of the
mailing list, this is only the second time I have seen a post
deliberately exclusionary to one group of people.  This is not dirty
laundry I want to keep drumming up in the channel, but I felt you should
know that at least one member was made uncomfortable with intolerant
topics like this. My religious background has not come up on this
mailing list before, as I do not feel it is appropriate -- or anyone
else's business.

Wishing you all the best --
Jeff