[Cialug] CentOS Security

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Mar 2 10:23:17 CST 2011

1) Yes it is.  However, if they got in once, they can get in again.  Harden as much as you can.  Good tools:  mod_security2, php-suhosin, greenSQL

2) Block all outbound stuff that you can.  However, be aware that blocking port 80 will likely prevent you from pulling down updates.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Don't just blame the bad guys, it's your fault too
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey