[Cialug] Hard Drive Teardown

Don Ellis don.ellis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 00:40:17 CDT 2011

There used to be a drawing on the wall everywhere I worked showing a
comparison in size between a human hair, a particle of smoke, a
fingerprint, and the head gap on a hard drive (and maybe a few other
items for comparison). The head gap was smaller than most or all of
the other examples, showing just how clean the drive has to be. That
was long before the current technology too, so the drawing should
probably be updated for today.

--Don Ellis