[Cialug] Guarantee SSH availability

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Jun 27 17:08:50 CDT 2011

The keywords you want are "nice", "ionice" and "renice".

The conceptual bit that you are likely missing is that you don't want to run SSH at a higher priority, you probably want to run Apache at a LOWER priority.  For some reason that I'm sure others can describe, Linux priorities are backwards from what you'd expect.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net<http://www.AllianceTechnologies.net>
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Using Facebook?  Use it safely.
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here: