[Cialug] Meeting this week - Wednesday 6/15

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Mon Jun 13 13:30:05 CDT 2011

 This Wednesday we will have a meeting from 7pm to 9pm.  The topic this month is Programming and Matt Nuzum will be running a code dojo.  This is what he has to say about it:

-----
This Wednesday we'll have a "code dojo" for bash programming. It will be "system admin" related. We'll break into small groups of 3-4 with one computer per group. Each group will spend the allotted time trying to solve the problem and at the end we compare notes to see how each team solved it. Some teams may accomplish the task and some may not, but we're doing this to learn new techniques, not to compete.

I think I'll spin up a few EC2 instances for the class to use.
-----

So there you go.  While I encourage everyone to work within a group and learn something, if there are people who REALLY don't want to do programming stuff but want to come to the meeting, let me know and I'll line up something else.  Maybe we'll look at photos of cats on the Internet or something.  ;)

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net<http://www.AllianceTechnologies.net>
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Using Facebook?  Use it safely.
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here: