[Cialug] Ubuntu 11.04 problems

L. V. Lammert lvl at omnitec.net
Wed Jun 8 14:10:07 CDT 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, Dan Hockey wrote:

> After searching the Ubuntu forums there seems to be a common problem
> with(11.04) sleeping/hibernating on some laptops.
> At this point I'm about to go back to 10.10. Outside of the pretty UI,
> IMO 11.04 doesn't have anything that can't done or found in 10.10.

Au Contrare, .. 11.04 FINALLY FIXED the Realtek WiFi problem - used to be
the driver would not switch to an unsecured AP without rebooting, .. 11.04
finally WORKS.

Guess it depends on whether you have a Realtek chipest or an ACPI
sensitive machine.

I *DO* agree that Unity adds nothing to the UI.

	Lee