[Cialug] Ubuntu 11.04 problems

Dan Hockey icepuck3k at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 14:29:57 CDT 2011

Finally made it to the command line, on the MINI it's (CTRL-ALT-Fn-F1)
For 11.04 the command line formatting is

sudo /usr/sbin/pm-hibernate

Which that part worked but when waking up from hibernation all I got was a screen full
of text based garbage and other strange characters.

CTRL-ALT-Fn-F7) caused some really bazaar things to happen, such as only displaying
the right two inches of the desktop and flashing random parts of the desktop on the left
3/4 of the screen.

I also tried

sudo /usr/sbin/pm-suspend

and it worked without locking up, then I used (CTRL-ALT-Fn-F7)
to get back to the UI without any ill effects.
-dan