[Cialug] Ubuntu 11.04 problems

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Sun Jun 5 22:30:10 CDT 2011

I will ask at work to see if there's a public channel for asking for help
with this. I've always gotten really great help with these kinds of things
and the kernel devs always seem interested in troubleshooting these. However
for the last two years or so my computer has had no problems so things may
have changed since then.

On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Dan Hockey <icepuck3k at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I switched the UI to the ubuntu classic and no change.
> My Toshiba is a A-105 and it ran fine from usb. I have an unused hdd I'm
> thinking of trying
> it on before setting it up as dual boot.
> -dan
>

> From: chris rheinherren <c.rheinherren at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Cialug] Ubuntu 11.04 problems
> To: "Central Iowa Linux Users Group" <cialug at cialug.org>
> Date: Saturday, June 4, 2011, 6:56 PM
>

> I've upgraded to 11.04 on both my Dell Dimension desktop and my Toshiba
> Satellite.
> No troubles with that at all from my experience. I'm just not sure if I
> like Unity so I'm playing with other desktops.
>

> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 18:53, Dan Hockey <icepuck3k at yahoo.com<http://mc/compose?to=icepuck3k@yahoo.com>
> > wrote:
>

> I upgraded to 11.04 only to discover a problem with hibernation. My Dell
> Mini crashes when waking up from hibernation, displaying lots of garbage on
> the upper left of the display sometimes the mouse pointer is displayed,
> sometimes it doesn't.
>
> So yesterday I did a clean install and the same thing still happens.
> Has any one else seen this happen?
> I haven't tried 11.04 on any of my other computers yet, so I don't know if
> it's related to the
> Mini or Ubuntu.
> -dan

> -----Inline Attachment Follows-----