[Cialug] fixed my machine

Ralph Kessel ralphkessel75 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 12:19:10 CDT 2011

Happy to say that my desktop is working well under Ubuntu 11.04. I reinstalled the system and got my printer to work with the script provided by Lexmark. Somehow I tainted my previous config so my ucb interface would not talk to my printer. That works well. My only complain is that my monitor/nvidia config seems to hang up. I fixed it (imho) by upping the refresh rate of my monitor.  (I have a compaq FS7600 and apparently not enough juice for the Linux side) I updated drivers on my windows partition and I'm not having any problems. .....