[Cialug] Social networking for kids

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Fri Jul 29 13:40:10 CDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 1:31 PM, James Shoemaker <james at dhlake.com> wrote:
>  My 9yr old is interested is connecting online with her cousins and friends.
>  Does anyone know of a Google+ equivalent for 9yr olds? Features live video
> chat, photo albums, email, instant messaging and the like would be needed.
>
>  This wouldn't be unsupervised, but all the normal social networking sites
> don't let kids have accounts without breaking the TOS.

I'm not ready to let my kids onto social networking sites, even though
we allow one of them to use email now.  Here's an overiview of social
networking sites for kids that I found (it's a little old, but it
looks like a good place to start):

http://mashable.com/2010/10/11/social-networks-children/

Jeff

--