[Cialug] HDs

William Christensen wirewc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:50:26 CDT 2011

Buy the same exact drive on ebay or some place and swap the controller
card on the bottom with another drive. Unless it's a massive head
crash the controller card has everything on it that you need and the
highest probability if there has been an electrical failure.  Pending
what you're dealing with could be dealing with EOS related errors with
the drives. I'm sure you'll be able to get a few days at least out of
the drive to get the data off of it. Tolls you'll need should be a
phillips screw driver and a torx driver bit. I've handled that issue
many of times so don't be worried (unless the head or pre-amp are boned

-Will