[Cialug] Cialug Beginnings

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Tue Jul 19 19:34:08 CDT 2011

The short answer is "you don't".

You have years of experience to build before you will be in a position where you can express a preference for Linux without coming across like an arrogant jerk.  Look instead for a job that allows you to learn.  Find one where you're not shoved into a box and have a chance at trying different things.  This will allow you to work Linux into a job that you have, which is a much more effective strategy to working with Linux than trying to get one of the few jobs that lets an entry-level person work with it.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net<http://www.AllianceTechnologies.net>
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Public attacks are on the rise.  Are you protecting yourself?
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey