[Cialug] Wordpress Performance

Eric Junker eric at eric.nu
Tue Jul 19 09:51:19 CDT 2011

I think people are missing the point here. Given that this is your
personal site and I assume you aren't getting lots of hits, you
shouldn't need memcached or a PHP opcode cache to make your site faster
than it is now. How much CPU/memory is allocated to the server?

With most web apps the database is the bottleneck. Have you determined
if there is a specific query that is taking a long time? Are the queries
using the correct indexes?

Is WordPress the only thing that is slow or are other PHP/MySQL apps
also slow? You could create a simple PHP script that does a few database
queries and see how that performs.

Eric