[Cialug] looking for new hosting

jrnosee jrnosee at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 11:37:24 CDT 2011

I'm running a Joomla 1.6 based site for my townhomes.  Currently we're on
GoDaddy.  I've recently discovered just how much GoDaddy sucks!  I'm looking
for a new hosting/domain registrar that we can switch to when our term is up
(in February) or sooner.  GoDaddy is blocking easy access to send mail from
Joomla for one, and is extremely slow for another.  Optimally I'd like to
find some place I can host a physical box or at least a VM, but price will
be a pain point.  So far we've had minimal traffic to the site and I'm sure
our board doesn't want to spend more than necessary until we see merit.

Please let me know if anyone's got some suggestions.