[Cialug] C code for conversion between PPM and PNG files

Morris Dovey mrdovey at iedu.com
Tue Jan 25 11:38:04 CST 2011

On 1/25/2011 10:39 AM, James Shoemaker wrote:

>     How about the source to pnmtopng?  it's available with an open
> source license, just include it.

Thanks - I'll take a look. Most of the open source libs I've looked at
so far have turned out to be root nodes of a chain of libraries, and
what should be about 20K of _code_ turns into a mountain of (mostly
irrelevant) source with portability issues.

I do have the option of working my way through the libraries and
extracting just the logic of what's required, then generating new code
to implement that logic, but that's pretty much re-inventing the wheel
and I was hoping to find a simpler (easier) solution.

Morris