[Cialug] Android security

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Jan 20 10:57:36 CST 2011

Some Android phones use a feature-enhanced browser by default. Do you know
of a way to test your browser to see if it is susceptible (without actually
giving my stuff away to strangers on the web)

On Wed, Jan 19, 2011 at 12:54 PM, Josh More
<MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net>wrote:

>   I do not recall if we were discussing at the meeting or on the IRC
> channel, so I am posting it here.
>
> There is now a metasploit module to take advantage of the Android browser
> flaw.  This would be a good time to upgrade to 2.3 or replace the default
> browser with Firefox or Dolphin.
>
> Details are here:
> http://blog.metasploit.com/2011/01/mobile-device-security-and-android-file.html
>
>     Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold,
> GIAC-GCIH
> Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net
> 400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
> 515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701
>
> Blog: Not The Usual Security Predictions: 2011
> http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej
>
> How are we doing? Let us know here:
>
> http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey

Matthew Nuzum

"An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." -Benjamin Franklin