[Cialug] Android security

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Jan 19 14:44:02 CST 2011

[points at TJ Vance]

More seriously, I'm not an expert in this.  I am using CyanogenMod because TJ said it was good, and he was right.  I care more about running a securable and stable Linux system than taking full advantage of everything.  For me, a rooted phone with DroidWall, AndGuard, LookOut and AdFree is sufficient.  I'd like a solid boot-time encryption solution too, but haven't found one yet.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Not The Usual Security Predictions: 2011
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey