[Cialug] File sharing a la Dropbox

Eric Junker eric at eric.nu
Sun Jan 16 18:52:39 CST 2011

On 1/16/2011 2:31 PM, L. V. Lammert wrote:
> Have a request for a service similar to Dropbox, .. before I try to whip
> something with WebDAV, is anyone aware of a way to do something more like
> Dropbox on a local server?

I did some research on this in the past and here are some of the links
that I found. I never found time to try any of them out as the 2GB that
Dropbox gives you for free has been enough for me so far.  A Dropbox
like system that allows you to sync to Amazon S3 would be nice to have.

HOWTO build your own open source Dropbox clone
http://fak3r.com/2009/09/14/howto-build-your-own-open-source-dropbox-clone/

RubyDrop – An Open-Source Alternative to Dropbox
http://blog.meltingice.net/programming/rubydrop-open-source-alternative-dropbox/

iFolder
http://kablink.com/ifolder

doubledown -- sync local changes to a remote directory
https://github.com/devstructure/doubledown

Eric