[Cialug] Courier V.everythying modem

David Bierce david at bierce.org
Wed Feb 23 20:31:22 CST 2011

I'm not sure about using DSL with its latency and jitter, but I have inbound and outbound faxing on my system using asterisk with ~80% success rate on with G711 at 14.4k and +95% when it can use T.38.  When I limit the datarate to 9600 baud G711 is more than 90% successful.

Granted, the line between me and my provider is far, ~30ms, with no meaningful jitter, I couldn't imagine trying to do that on a DSL line or Cable modem.

There are fax services like myfax and eFax that work great.