[Cialug] Laptop Repair

Josh More MoreJ at alliancetechnologies.net
Wed Feb 23 13:41:55 CST 2011

The Pismo had the interesting feature of using about 10 different types of screws, each which varied by microns.  If you put in a screw that as too long, you'd short or destroy the board underneath.  If you put in one that was too wide, you'd risk shattering the board.

I broke a few things, then threw out the screws and used hot glue.

Luckily it did not break further and I eventually got rid of the stupid thing.  I think it's in Montreal now.

Josh More | Senior Security Consultant - CISSP, GIAC-GSLC Gold, GIAC-GCIH
Alliance Technologies | www.AllianceTechnologies.net
400 Locust St., Suite 840 | Des Moines, IA 50309
515.245.7701 | 888.387.5670 x7701

Blog: Don't just blame the bad guys, it's your fault too
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/blogs/morej

How are we doing? Let us know here:
http://www.alliancetechnologies.net/forms/alliance-technologies-feedback-survey