[Cialug] Laptop Repair

David Champion dchamp1337 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 13:29:41 CST 2011

It really varies for different laptop models. I had my Dell D620 torn all
the way apart and replaced the motherboard -- that wasn't too bad. Most of
the HP laptops I've had open are a pain. Some of the Thinkpads were pretty
painful to open up too.

The Dell manual did lie about the # of screws, it only showed 3 or 4 holding
the motherboard in, but there were a couple more it didn't show.

-dc