[Cialug] Courier V.everythying modem

Tim Wilson tim_linux at wilson-home.com
Tue Feb 22 16:36:00 CST 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 4:25 PM, Zachary Kotlarek <zach at kotlarek.com> wrote:

> On Feb 22, 2011, at 4:08 PM, jrnosee wrote:
>
> > There's always a niche for something.  I'd almost completely forgotten
> about dot matrix printers until I just bought a new car.  The dealer still
> printed paperwork on a dot matrix printer since the impact is needed for the
> duplicate forms they use.
>

> Alternatively you could say that the car dealer's antiquated equipment and
> processes are creating a niche demand for duplicate forms in the
> post-typerwriter age.

It might be a state requirement.  Let's face it, not all car dealers are
reputable, and if the state relied on them to print duplicates, a separate
"copy" could be different.  With a "carbon copy", it is harder to modify
without some evidence of the modification.

>        Zach

Tim
Required reading: http://bccplease.com/